Extending your wireless network with WiFi extenders is a great idea. A WiFi extender may install anywhere and will improve the WiFi signal for all of your devices. But what if you wish to modify your WiFi extender’s settings? That can be done manually. The WiFi extender App is a simpler solution. You have more control over your WiFi extender’s operation when you use this software, and it’s simple and quick to make modifications.
Before you change any settings, you will need to connect to the extender’s WiFi network. To do so:
- Turn on the extender and wait for it to boot up.
- Now, find the WiFi network name and password at the bottom of your extender or in your WiFi Extender App (see below).
To find out more about how to connect your device(s) wirelessly, visit the Linksys help page.
- Connect to the extender’s WiFi network.
- After that, log in to the extender’s web-based setup page.
- Click Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Then, make the changes under wireless settings, and then click Apply to save them.
To log in to the extender’s web-based setup page, use a web browser to open its IP address in the browser’s address bar. If you don’t know the IP address, use the WiFi Extender App to find it. You can find the default IP address of your WiFi extender on the sticker bottom of your product box for the Linksys extender login process.
Note: Sometimes you might face a Linksys WiFi not working error while attempting to log in. In that event, wait for a few minutes and then try again.
The extender settings will be different depending on its model. You can access them by navigating to Settings > Extender Settings in the app, or under WiFi network settings in your phone’s WiFi settings menu. Additionally, you can find extender settings under Wireless in some devices, and they may be found as part of Access Point mode.
It is a feature that allows you to use multiple access points from a single location (such as an office building). In most cases, it’s best to leave these settings unless you have an advanced technical background or know what you’re doing.
The WiFi Extender App allows you to change your settings without having to use the web-based interface.
- First, connect your phone or tablet to the extender’s WiFi network, then open up the app.
- Then, click Settings > Router Settings and select your router type (2G/3G/4G) from the dropdown menu.
- This will take you to a new screen where you can make changes under Setup or Wireless settings:
- Now, change the SSID name.
- Next, change channel mode (auto or manual selection).
- Finally, Enable/disable MAC filtering (change this option if prompted during setup).
Once you make all of your changes, click Apply. Now, if you want to restart your extender and apply the settings, click Apply & Restart. Your extender will then reboot and apply these new settings.
You can easily change the settings of your WiFi extender using the WiFi extender application.
- Initially, open the app and log in using the admin account.
- Then, Click on “Settings” to access all available settings for your WiFi extender.
- It includes changing channels and passwords, renaming networks, and more.
The WiFi extender app is a useful tool for managing your WiFi extender. It allows you to change the settings of your extender with ease and without having to access it directly. Moreover, the app also shows you statistics related to your network, so it can be used as a diagnostic tool!
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup Via Application
Use the Linksys App to configure your Linksys extender by doing the following steps:
- The Linksys App is available for installation from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Join your tablet or smartphone to the extender’s network.
- To configure your extender, use the Linksys App and adhere to the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Your Linksys Smart WiFi account creation, network name and password selection, and extender configuration are all steps in the setup process that the app will walk you through.
- Once the Linksys WiFi extender setup process is complete, your extender will be ready to use.
Note: If you have a particular model like RE6700 and you want to do Linksys RE6700 setup then follow the below tips.
Using WiFi Protected Setup, configure your Linksys RE6700 WiFi range extender. Make sure your router is WPS compatible first. Once the range extender is plugged in, watch for the light to change color to orange. Till the LED blinks, continue to press the WPS button on the extender. Within two minutes of pressing your router’s WPS button, connect your device. A successful connection will be indicated by the extender’s light turning completely green. The extender can then be moved to a spot where it will best be able to strengthen your WiFi connection.
We hope after reading this article your Linksys WiFi extender setup process completes successfully. But if you are facing any error then you can discuss it with our technical experts. You can contact us at +1 408-477-8750 or you can drop a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.